- To make ready beforehand for a specific purpose, as for an event or occasion: The teacher prepared the students for the exams.
- To put together or make by combining various elements or ingredients; manufacture or compound: prepared a meal; prepared the lecture.
- To fit out; equip: prepared the ship for an arctic expedition.
- Music To lead up to and soften (a dissonance or its impact) by means of preparation.
- To make things or oneself ready.
- To study or complete a course of study at a preparatory school
- Alert, Circumspect, Competent, Defensible, Discreet , Expert, Familiar, Fit , Inclined , Informed,
- Practiced, Provident, Prudent, Resourceful, Ripe, Ready!
- In the process of Preparing for becoming Prepared